Monday, September 24, 2018

Week 101

September 16, 2018


This week was fun.
We set a really high goal to get 100 new investigators this last transfer and to get 1750 meaningful contacts. (The mission standard of excellence is 10 per day or 420 per transfer and the mission average is a little less than that.) Regardless it is really really high goals.

So Monday night we set right out to achieve those goals. Monday we had soccer pday and boy was I beat! It was pretty awesome though because throughout the mission life I have been moving up in the draft order. This is MOSTLY because all the good players are leaving, but PARTLY because I am getting much better at soccer! Anyways the first time I was last pick, this time I was first pick!
I felt honored and really went hard, and because of that I was beyond exhausted! So when we got home I did NOT want to go out and proselyte. But I did. And I started carrying around a lot of copies of The Book of Mormon. And we gave out 3, got 3 numbers, and 11 meaningful contacts. Though I was entirely exhausted we saw great miracles.

Tuesday we had some time to proselyte. We went out in the morning and walked around while we waited for the sisters. We planned to meet them at the station and help them with their bags. We helped them then had our service activity then an appointment that night with a member. We had boiled pork and it was DELICIOUS. Then we went to their home for a practice lesson.

Wednesday we had our district meeting and an appointment with a member for dinner! We shared a message on family scripture study and prayer and committed them as a family to read and pray as a family daily!

Thursday we had proselyting activities! We advertised for our upcoming English class with many of our members! We also had a test to take! Elder Kim took the Michigan test, which is an English test to get into BYU Hawaii. So that took up most of our day!

Friday was a great day! In the morning we had an appointment with an investigator who is really really really really great. We talked about the restoration and the Book of Mormon and he was really engaged. He was asking all kinds of questions and showing a ton of interest. We committed him to read and he seemed excited to read! I have high hoped for him. Then that night we sticker boarded with the sisters. Man it was rough and not many people stopped and it was pretty frustrating. But we just pushed along and I was happy that we stuck it out.

Saturday we had another English class proselyting activity. It was pretty good and I think we have found a lot of really interested people! Hopefully our English class will be a success!

Sunday was a good day. We didn’t get any investigators at church but it was still a good day. After church we had our study and then weekly planning. And Sunday we made CHICKEN ROLLS!!! Elder Kim and I had fun making them and he loved them! It was really fun!

This week was really busy and flew by! I am so so tired. But ready to push on through my last 5 weeks. We had our district leader call last night and our district leader told us we destroyed the rest of the district in stats, and that we are probably the hardest working companionship in the mission. I’m not sure if that is true, but I sure will try my best to finish strong and fun till the end!

Elder Goon


No comments:

Post a Comment