Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Week 97

August 19, 2018

Hello Everyone!

This week was pretty busy and the Highlight was for sure Elder Gary E Stevenson visiting our mission! It was pretty awesome

So Monday we had a zone pday with President and Sister Turner! We played jokgu, or foot volleyball. It was pretty fun! Then we went to eat together... unfortunately on the bus ride my wallet fell out of my pocket so I lost some cards and coupons but luckily only 22$ in cash! It was unfortunate, but there was a big miracle associated with it! Just before losing it I was going to withdraw 600$ cash for my birthday money that I had received and for just other personal spending. Well when I got to the ATM I for some reason couldn't remember my PIN, so I said "ah whatever ill withdraw later." then a few hours later I lost my wallet! There is always something positive you can find when something goes bad!

But I learned an important lesson that day. I had tapped off of the bus at a red light and sat back down. When I got up to get off the bus I had the distinct impression to tap off again. And I ignored it I thought to myself "that’s stupid I already tapped off" well if I would have tapped of again I would have reached into my pocket and realized my wallet wasn’t there and would have grabbed it off my seat... I learned don’t ignore spiritual promptings no matter how "stupid" they may seem

Tuesday I went on exchanged with a member of our district. We spent most of the morning figuring things out with my wallet and getting cards canceled, renewed etc. The afternoon we had service and a dinner appointment with a member. Him and his wife are having a hard time having children and asked for us to pray for them. They were a sweet family that believed in missionary power!

Wednesday we had a busy day! I met with 윤세준 for my birthday! I was the person baptized the first time I was in Bundang! I love him a lot and he bought me a cupcake and we had a good time. Then we had district meeting and afterwards a zone proselyting activity! Then I got to choose where we ate and it was a meat buffet of course! It was super awesome day!

Thursday We had the mission conference with Elder Stevenson! It was in the Seoul mission and so i got to see my best friend who is up in the Seoul mission! Elder Stevenson was powerful. He trained on how to be better teachers! He talked about teaching repentance and promising blessings. My favorite part was for sure when he bore testimony. He talked about how Real God is, how much he loves us, and how much he is mindful of us. As he said those words I just knew it was true. I know he was telling the truth and i could feel through his words that he was an Apostle of the Lord.

Friday was busy with planning and getting trained on the new English program that our mission is getting!

Saturday we had a busy morning with appointments and English class, ping pong meeting, and then studies. At night we met with a potential investigator who is very kind! He is very good at English and has some gospel potential, he took us out to dinner that night, and we met him the next day on Sunday!

Sunday we had church and it was really good! We had two investigators there! And one of them is a longtime friend! I met him when I first came to Bundang and he has kept in touch with missionaries ever since! He stayed all three hours and it was really awesome!

After church we had a meal as a ward and then we came home and did some studies then had some appointments then we had dinner and did stats!

It was a really good week! Had ups and downs. But I am excited for the next week... starting next week I am in the single digits for weeks left, I remember when I had triple digits!

Elder Goon

No comments:

Post a Comment