Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Week 98 Final Testimonies! ALREADY?!?!

August 26, 2017

This tittle has two meanings! The first is kind of funny. Both the other Elders that we live with will be going home very soon, 15 days to be exact. And the bishop came up to them and told them we have stake conference their last Sunday so they have to give their farewell talk a week early!

But I was attending the young single adult class this week and their teacher didn’t show up, so they looked at me and said "how long do you have left?" and I said 8 weeks, and they said "alright well today Elder Goon will share his last testimony with us!"

With no time to prepare I got up and gave a very short testimony/ lesson. It went something like this;

On my mission I have heard a lot of excuses, from people I have taught to members, to other missionaries. There are so many excuses, "I can’t because___" "I don’t have time" "it’s too hard" "it’s just Korean culture" "I’m too busy" "I know God is important but right now___" blah blah blah blah blah. And I have been doing some reflecting on this subject because I run into a lame excuse almost daily, and sometimes find myself making similar excuses, "I won’t talk to this person because ___" "I’m tired" "it’s hot" it’s cold"

And every time I hear or make an excuse the spirit reminds me of this verse and confirms in my heart that it is true,

But seek you first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

I have seen the effects in people's lives when they either follow, or do not follow this promise. I have seen the faithful members who are liking testimonies of this promise from God, people that truly put God first and are rewarded 10 fold. I know that our lives will be blessed if we put God first and trust him!

I also know that once you decide to put God first and seek his kingdom and righteousness that life will get harder. But the trails and test we pass through with only be for our benefit and will help us become stronger and better people. For me, once I decided to put God first no matter what, life got a lot harder, trails came more often and seemed much more severe, test were harder, and temptations were stronger, but it is so worth it.

Anyways, that it just one of the great things I have learned on my mission, put God first no matter what, and he will bless you for it.

This week was quite busy and next week will be even more so. Monday almost the whole mission met in Gangnam and had games (board and card) and sports (foot volleyball, ping pong, badminton, volleyball) and talking. It was really fun and I taught a friend how to play 2 handed pinochle and I enjoy being able to play that game again!

Tuesday we had a few appointments and our service activity that kept us busy! Wednesday we had to take a long trip out to Icheon, which meant we couldn’t do anything besides studies, district meeting and English class. Thursday we knocked out weekly planning, Friday was exchanges and we had a zone activity. Saturday we had a lunch appointment and English class then went out to visit a referral and less active, both of which we were not able to contact. And yesterday we had church and two appointments. Over all a busy week and not really much free time!

I am loving Bundang and am really trying to enjoy what’s left!
Elder Goon


No comments:

Post a Comment