Thursday, August 16, 2018

Week 94 AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 29, 2018

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY IN MY WHOLE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT IS HAPPENING I AM SOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOO SOOOOOO OUT OF MY MIND EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha I guess I should explain.

We got transfer calls.

These past two transfers have been very tough. And I was not finding Joy and really losing my motivation to work. And I pleaded with God this week for help. That through transfer calls I would be happy and regain motivation. I even told God where I WANT to go, and who I WANT to be with.

We'll I am so grateful that God gives us what we NEED, and not what we want.

I am going to go back to Bundang. My first area. My favorite area. The best area in the mission!!!!!!!!!!!

The excitement, the joy, the motivation, the energy, the desire for worthiness, desire to work hard, the desire to be the Best missionary I can be that filled my soul is INDESCRIBABLE. I love the Bundang members more than anything in Korea. And when I was a new missionary, I didn't give them the effort they deserved. And ever since I have left Bundang and learned how to be a missionary, I have wanted to go back and redeem myself. I have wanted to go back and give them what they deserve. And I am getting the chance. I know realize this is the ONLY thing that could have motivated me. And this is the first time on my mission that I think I will be motivated out of charity. I love not just the members in Bundang, but everyone. When I was in Bundang 2 years ago I met some of the nicest most amazing people ever. And I can't wait to serve them.

This was a huge miracle. After the call came I was SO excited I couldn't sleep. So I stayed up writing in my journal and pondering. I said so many prayers. Thank you prayers. Help me prayers. I'm so excited prayers. Help me prayers. I'm so scared. Thank you. I love you prayers.

And maybe for the first time in my life, I had an experience of "hearing the voice of the Lord." I never really expressed over emails but like I said above the last two transfers have been really really hard. I had so so so many trails and there were many times where I told God, I can't do this anymore, or why me? Where are you? The last two transfers were hard. But I tried to do my best to be happy. I tried my best to be grateful. I tried my best to be patient. I tried my best to "endure well."

As I prayed late into the night I was overwhelmed with peace and joy. And I actually heard someone speak, I looked behind me to see if it was my house mates talking in their sleep.... It wasn't.

I heard "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
    And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high"

I tried my best to endure well, and though my adversity did NOT seem like a small moment, eventually I was "exalted on high" or in simple word "lifted"

Lifted out of my trails. Lifted from the adversity and afflictions. I know that God has the power to lift us. When we feel we are in too much trouble that we can't even stand, God will lift us. But I also know He lets us suffer for a little bit. But if we trust in him. Try our best. And be patient and "wait" on the Lord, he will truly lift us. He can "exalt us on high"

Another great experience I had this week was yesterday night. I got into a conversation with a member from the Shinchonji church. They are a church that really focuses on revelations and all that Apocalypse stuff. They love to fight and they always start with "had Jesus already come? Is he coming? How will he come? How do you know?" it’s a little annoying and they always like to pull the most confusing things out of revelations.

Well, I could just feel that as I talked with this man the spirit of the Lord was upon me. First, my Korean was elevated. I was able to understand him, and when I couldn’t understand, I was able to know exactly how I should answer. And I didn’t fight or argue, though that is what he wanted, I BOLDLY testified of truth. I really felt like I was a defender of truth. I felt like I was standing as a witness of God. It was awesome!

Monday we played volleyball... probably our missions last volleyball pday.... 3 of our few remaining good players are going home. It was sad to say goodbye.
That night we had Brother Park from the Bundang ward come speak to the zone. He moves all the way across the country tomorrow and wanted to say good bye to Seoul and its missionaries. He gave a killer talk and it touched me so so much. One thing he talked about that i needed to hear was that life is supposed to be hard. If we really want to go to the celestial kingdom, if we really want to be exalted, if we really want to become like God, do you think we can just live life with no trials? With no worries or cares? No. it is supposed to be hard, and when it’s hard, know that God is doing something wonderful with you.

This week we had a big scare. Our recent convert told his mom that he joined our church...and she did not like that. She told him our church is the biggest Cult and that we preach heresy. She threw all sorts of anti-Mormon stuff at him. She told him that we worship Joseph Smith and that our purpose in Korea is to bring people to church so we can steal all their money. She told him he can never go to church, see us again, and to block us on all platforms. She really hates us.
And that makes me sad, so many people hate our church, especially in Korea. How can a church that teaches nothing but charity, service, and becoming more Christ like be so hated? How can a church that is centered on the savior be so hated? It does not necessarily make me mad, just sad.
Thankfully our recent convert knew that those were lies. He know that we weren’t evil. He knew we didn’t worship joseph smith. He knew we don’t steal from people. So he met us and talked about all his worries. And we were able to testify with the spirit and it was able to touch his heart and he was able to know the truth. He said, "Everyone says you are evil, and I can understand why they think you are evil. But you’re not evil. I know you are good people." It was a huge miracle. We had fasted and prayed for him, and he is doing much better.

Well.... that’s about all I have to write about. This week was CRAZY. We will have another baptism this weekend or next depending on how scheduling works out. So I will get to come back to this ward in a week or two and see everyone. I will never forget the Gukbanjeong ward. The people I was able to see their baptisms, the many less actives I was able to help come back to the fold. The past 3 transfers were tremendous and I will never forget them.

Elder Goon

No comments:

Post a Comment