Thursday, August 16, 2018

Week 93 Stop Worrying!

July 22, 2018

No more need to worry everyone. I am better. Still not 100% and I can still feel slight pain and swelling. But really I am much better and I don’t think there is any reason to worry!

That being said... being sick TOTALLY wore me out and i was so beyond tired this week! But still managed to get some cool things done!

Monday I just relaxed. My best friend came down to my area to play some card games at the church. It was relaxing and fun! That night we had a phone lesson with one of our investigators and our bishop! This investigator is getting baptized the first weekend in August. He is really progressing fast and doing super super awesome!

Tuesday I was feeling really good and could eat with minimal pain... so what better way to celebrate then go to a buffet with a recent convert! We went to a pizza buffet and I ate my heart out! Man it was so so good! And we taught him about the priesthood. He said he will get an interview with bishop in 2 weeks to get the priesthood then prepare to go to the temple! He is doing so so good and is really a huge miracle!

Wednesday we went down to my old area in Pyeongtaek to visit their district and see how they are doing! It was really really really good to see the senior couples there. I got really close to them and they are really good friends of mine and it is always awesome to see them!

Thursday we had interviews with our president. We had a big lunch with him and our whole district and two wonderful members. It was a good day and more about interviews later.

Friday was so fun. We had weekly planning and studies which takes up a lot of your day. But that night we had a proselyting activity and it was fun! We had a busking (street performance) (singing) and a sticker board. I had some REALLY good conversations and it was a fun night.
Saturday was funny. Oh man it was a good laugh. We got a "heat warning" text from our AP's. It went something like this;
 Due to the extreme heat (93`) we are advised to stay in side and not leave the house if at all possible.
I laughed. Meanwhile it feels like a cool spring day in Vegas to me! Anyways so we spent most of the day inside and doing work online and contacting. It was time well spent.

Sunday was amazing! We had ward conference and the meeting was crazy! There was so many people there! and lots of visiting people from the stake so i got to see lots of old friends! and made some new ones! haha we talked about the upcoming transfer calls and I expressed that I will probably be leaving. There were many members who were devastated. One actually might have cried. I have really come to love this ward. The Korean Members are so faithful and I love them SO much. They are true examples to me and I have really found pure joy through them!

So I will close with what me and president discussed during interviews! He asked us to come with a question or concern. Those of you who know me know I am sort of a perfectionist and really really hard on myself. I have been trying to change that by being nicer to myself and more positive. But when I do I feel bad and I am struggling to balance being positive and kind to myself and not caring and being light minded… When I sin or mess up or make a mistake, I have a hard time saying "its ok you can do better next time." and then next time saying "its ok you can do better next time." and then next time and so on and so on. So I asked president how can I just keep saying "its ok you can do better next time," and not feel like I am not trying or don’t care.

He talked to me about failing and stumbling.
He said if you are out running a race and you trip and fall, what do you do?
 I said get back up and run faster to catch up.
He said so since you fell did you fail?
And I said no.
He said you just stumbled, but you get back up and keep going forward, you’re not a failure, it’s not the end.
He shared a scripture, Alma 13:28 watch and pray always. He said the trick in life is to actually watch for those pebbles and cracks in our lives that make us stumble. Then get better at not tripping over them. But when we stumble, we haven’t failed, we aren’t lost, just get back up and watch for the pebbles and try to not stumble as much.

This conversation really helped me and maybe it will help one of you!

Don’t give up! Life is hard and we all make mistakes and stumble, but we never fail. Just get back up and run in the right direction!
Elder Goon  

No comments:

Post a Comment