Thursday, August 16, 2018

Week 91

July 8, 2018

This week had some really high high's and some pretty low low's. I’ll try to take you guys through it with me.

First Monday was an AWESOME Pday! And let me just apologize now mom... I only took one picture this week.... sorry

On Pday we had a 4th of July Football game! It was way fun! It was a miracle though… it was 90% rain all day, and all day there were black clouds surrounding us and we could hear the rain falling, but not a drop fell over the place where our field was! Then the minute after our game ended.... it started pouring! God really wanted to let us play football, it was so fun and a really good stress reliever for me!

Tuesday we had zone conference. It was super awesome! And the trainings were so great! Also for the first time on my mission zone conference went on extra hour. President trained on revelation and he deemed it important enough to go a whole hour over time! It was so so good! I never want zone conferences to end and this time it didn’t! haha

Wednesday we were able to meet with Brother Park. He is a miracle. We found him a few weeks ago and he will be baptized on Saturday. He right off the bat accepted the gospel. And Wednesday we ate with him. He expressed that he wanted to push his baptism back 2 weeks. We asked why and he just said because. Well we persisted in asking and he said that he has a camping trip planned for the weekend after his baptism. He told us he has to endure to the end and keep the Sabbath day holy so he can’t get baptized before. That just increased my confidence in his sincerity. Well we talked and he will still get baptized this Saturday and he will come to church every day after his camping trip.

Thursday we had a great zone activity. We met at Suwon station and had a delicious meal! A meat buffet! Then we sticker boarded. It was a blast… then I started an Exchange with a young missionary in our zone. He is super super super super super super super super super super super awesome and we had a really fun time! We taught a lot and had a super great exchange.

One miracle is a less active mother in our ward with a nonmember husband called and asked for our help with translating. She asked us to leave 2 hours for her and come to their house. Well we got there and man even our AP couldn't have translated that thing! It was SO hard! Words I didn't even know in English. So she just said teach my husband about our church. They had been married nearly 20 years and he had never read the book of Mormon or taken a discussion. He had been to church 4 times. When his kids were baptized and when they received the Holy Ghost. Well we taught the restoration and bore testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. The first thing he said is, I’m going to read that book now. It was so awesome! A huge miracle and a great spiritual lesson!

Well after that great exchange we met with our investigator Brother Park and finished the lessons. The next day we had a practice interview for baptism and on Saturday he passed! I am very excited for him!

Now some of the lows that happened this week. There is only really one... the investigator that was going to get baptized Saturday fell through. He hadn’t told his parents that he was going to our church for the past 7 months and that he was going to get baptized until Saturday morning. And they said wait what??? So they said he can’t right now and they want to look at what church he is joining first. So that was really hard and sad... but maybe now his parents will get baptized too!

I want to finish with Sunday morning. I decided to watch Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration. And I just was overcome with the spirit. As I watched and reflected on the life of Joseph Smith, I couldn’t help but feel inspired to be a better man, a better disciple of Christ. And after the film I was again left with an indescribable feeling. I know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God. I know that he saw God and Jesus Christ. I know that he translated the Book of Mormon and that he started the restoration. I know

I hope you all have a good week!
I’ll take more pictures sorry mom
Elder Goon 

No comments:

Post a Comment