Thursday, August 16, 2018

Week 90 First Baptism!

July 1, 2018

Well, as you can read from the title, we had a baptism this weekend! She is a cute little girl. Her parents are not members, but her grandfather is. The sisters had taught her, but when the sisters closed a few weeks ago, we took over. We finished up the lessons, prepared her for her interview, and planned her service. It was a beautiful service and there were some AMAZING testimonies shared. Seriously so good. We also had two other investigators attend. One has a date for the 14th of July and the other one is hoping to be ready by the last weekend of July if not August. They enjoyed the service and got to talk with some members and create some good relationships! We had a meal and some cake and it was a great day!

Another crazy miracle that happened this week is a less active came to church. I had called him and reached out to him at the request of some members that asked about him. And we talked, and he said "yeah yeah if I have time, or my situation gets better ill call." (You hear that often.... they never call back.) Well I got a call few days later and it is this man. He says, lets meet now. So we met him. The Miracle of this is that my old companion Elder Jenkins was able to create such a great relationship with that he called him and told him to meet with me. And this man had such a love for Elder Jenkins that he wanted to meet me. SO we met. And talked and got to know each other and had a good time.
But then the time came for us to share a message. And I was bold. I mean REALLY bold. And I said hard things, and felt a lot like old prophets "calling people repentance." I didn't sugar coat it at all. There was no "we need you back, or we miss you, or please come." I flat out told him you are making excuses and you need to come to church.

Well I get a text Sunday morning "I’m here in your church." I couldn't believe it. I immediately got up and sat in the back with him, he was reading the Book of Mormon. I put my hand on his shoulder and looked into his eyes, he looked happy. As I sat down he said "I came back because of you."
It was a great blessing and such a sweet miracle to see!

The rainy season has begun in Korea. Which makes missionary work really not fun. But we are still getting things done. It hasn't stopped raining since Thursday and according to the weather forecast it won’t stop this week.

I hope you all have a great week and survive the heat (mainly to the people in Vegas)
Elder Goon


No comments:

Post a Comment