Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 51

October 1, 2017




Well this week was pretty darn busy!!! But this is a picture with 3 of my favorite people in the world! I love President and Sister Turner so much and my companion is a really cool guy too! 

So this Pday was pretty lazy, we just watched a movie and played some games... it was relaxing and really fun!! 

Tuesday we had our normal Korean class and we also we had the opportunity to go try and visit some less actives! It is sad to see people fall away and to see them so far gone!! 

Wednesday we got to meet a new investigator and he was really cool! We talked a bit and got to know him and told him our purpose as missionaries!! Me and my comp think that is really important because we don't like meeting with people that don't have gospel interest! So if at the beginning they know what we are doing there is no problem! 

Also that night I started my exchange with our Zone leader! He is super super nice guy and he goes home soon so I got a lot of good experience and advice from him!! He is super nice and I will miss him a lot!!! We mostly proselyted on the streets together and we met a man that was baptized 12 years ago but fell away when he did his military service!  
It was interesting as we talked with him because at first he just said he saw missionaries a lot. Then he said he met with them once. Then he said he met a couple times. Then he said that he used to come to our church. Then he said that he got baptized! He was afraid to tell us.... as I thought of that I thought why? Two thoughts came to me, one people always think we are going to force them to come to church. That's not true, we are simply inviting people to find the same joy we have found through Jesus Christ's restored church! And 2, he is embarrassed because he knows what he should be doing but isn't doing it. 

I think that can apply to all of us, we too much get defensive and embarrassed because we know we should be better or working harder or more serious. Don't make excuses, just do it. 

Well on Thursday we helped the sisters move into their new house! It took 9 hours but it was a lot of fun and inspired me and Elder Maio to clean up our house and rearrange it so it looks better! We did and I am happy to come home every day because our house is awesome! I cant wait to have my own! 
We also had a super good American style burrito by the military base to celebrate the move!!

Then Friday and Saturday we were really busy with member appointments, investigator appointments and weekly planning!

Sunday was a good day and a very awesome family invited us over to celebrate Chusok, or Korean Thanksgiving! (http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/ATR/SI_EN_3_6.jsp?cid=811650)We ate with them and played board games with them and it was super fun! It made me miss home a bit, but it was a fun night and I loved every moment with them!!! 


Overall this week was pretty good, I'm trying every day to study harder, talk to more people, learn more Korean, and make more friends, a mission is a great experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world! 

I am sad to learn that a beloved Apostle of the Lord passed away. Elder Robert D. Hales was a great man and I know a lot of his talks influenced and effected me!!! I will miss him, but I know the angels in heaven are singing and shouting as one of heavens best rejoins them.

Elder Goon



No comments:

Post a Comment