Monday, September 25, 2017

Week 50



September 24, 2017


Well where do I begin with this week! SO BUSY and I just want to crawl up and die right now I am so tired!!! But it is the best tired I have ever felt!!! 

So Monday... was a pretty lame P-day, we played poker with my M&M's I got for my birthday.. it was fun! But we had to go to the mission office which is 2 hours away so we got up early but on the way home took a super fast train called an SRT! it was like a plane is was so fast! We got home in 18 minutes!!!! 

Tuesday;
This is one of my favorite days of the week, because at 3 o'clock we teach free Korean to English people! I just love love love love teaching so much! Ever since high school I have found joy in helping friends and classmates understand and show them how to work through things in a simple way! I love this hour of my week! Also, that night we were able to have two appointments. One with our recent investigator that has a baptismal date and on with an investigator that got back from his business trip to the Philippines. They were awesome lessons and the spirit was so strong. Helping me and Elder Maio know what to say and how to say it! It was amazing lessons and awesome experiences.

Wednesday was a busy day!
As a district we got together and had lunch, my favorite (black bean soup).
Then we had district meeting and then we have some language pass offs. The new sister in our district passed of to Elder Maio because he is district leader and I passed off to the other Elders in our district! It was fun and that took up most of our day.  
But that night we did some sticker boarding and it was a ton of fun! We closed down our English class and have been trying to reopen it and so tonight we tried to find people who wanted to learn English! It is a lot easier than finding people that want to learn about Christ and we ended up getting about 40 numbers in 1 hour!!! Fun night!

Thursday was a great day! 
We got to meet with 3 people, a somewhat new guy that works at a glasses store! He fixed my glasses for free because mine were broken pretty bad but I don't have money to fix them! It was really kind of him and I am very thankful!!! We met with our two investigators that are scheduled for baptism. We just took the time to try to help them understand why the Book of Mormon is so important and why it is important for them to get a testimony of it for themselves! It was a good REALLY long hard fun exhausting day!!! 

Friday we had a super fun activity!!! We all went to the shinpung where there was a big traditional festival! We did an activity: are you better than a foreigner?" we just asked people if they wanted to challenge an American! 
We had activities like chopsticks, jump rope, arm wrestling, rock paper scissors, chess, shooting a Nerf gun, and soccer! 

I brought my kendama and played with it and people are always so amazed!!! Haha they were fun to play with and I arm wrestled some people and rock paper scissored people and it was a great time!!!! 

Then half way through we had interviews with President and Sister Turner!! It was a lot of fun and I love them so so so so much!!! I will miss them after two years and will do my best to keep in touch with them!!! 

Then we went back out to the activity and something crazy happened!!! The news came to us and asked what we were doing and they asked if they could interview us and put us on TV!!!! So my companion got interviewed and me and Sister Patrick stood in the background and just smiled and looked pretty!!! It was awesome because the church has such a bad name here and we were showing the world we are fun people!!!! We ended the video with "WE LOVE KOREA. BELIEVE IN GOD, AND WE ARE MORMONS!!!!" It was a lot of fun!!!! 

Then that night we had a meal with a member!! But we failed so hard and rode our bus the wrong direction!!! Man we were so lost and so late and it was horrible. But the people were kind about it and the food was AMAZING!!!! 

Saturday was a long day!!! 

Every morning we play ultimate Frisbee on the base with some members and this morning was really fun, but in the afternoon we planned a sports activity with all three wards we are assigned to!! About 30 people came out and we played basketball and soccer! It was fun fun fun! 

Then that night me and Elder Maio had an appointment with two brothers from Nigeria! They are super good people and really strong Christians. We were able to teach about Joseph Smith and bear bold testimony that this is the only true church on earth and they can know for themselves.

Sunday was fun! We had two investigators at church and there was a lot of spiritual feasting. We learned a lot about the importance of modern day prophets and their roles! I am thankful for Thomas S Monson and the guidance and counsel he gives the whole world! 
That night we had family home evening with an amazing family!!!! They are so fun and we had a delicious meal and then shared a message and played Jenga and Spot It!!! It was so much fun and I miss my Family Home Evenings!!! 

I love the Korean people so much! I love being here. IT IS SO HARD. but it is so worth it!~

I read the testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith this week. It touched my heart so much. How could someone make that experience up in such detail. I prayed for confirmation that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he restored Christ's church to the earth. I received it. 
I challenge you all this week to read the witness and testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith, pray about it, and listen to God's answer.

Elder Goon


No comments:

Post a Comment