Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 52



October 8, 2017


Wow. I cant believe it has been a whole year. 

Haha anyways this week was sooooo amazing!!!! Literally the funnest week of my life! 

This week was a national holiday and it is similar to Thanksgiving in America but celebrated like Christmas! It is huge and so special that we had an extra zone conference this week! 

So Monday was not Pday! It was weird and honestly nothing happened. Missionary work is slow on Mondays that's why its our prep day. We just got out on the streets for a bit and it was fun! 

Tuesday we had some great appointments! We got to teach two investigators and Korean class! In our first meeting we taught with a member and they were able to become friends! In our previous lessons with this investigator we were not able to get that far in the gospel, but with the members help and friendship, it was easy! We shared a video called "The Hope of Gods Life" and bore testimony about prayer. I really love that video

Then we taught our other investigator the plan of salvation and promised the blessings of an eternal perspective on life! He is really stressed and struggling, but we taught and he accepted well and I hope his eyes are a little more open. This was also the noticed theme of conference, for me particularly. 

Wednesday was Pday and we had a huge mission activity at the Korean folk village! This is the place I went on New Years last year and was so awesome!!! Except this time the weather was amazing, not freezing cold, and there was more people than Disneyland!!! It was crazy fun and I got to see a lot of my mission friends!!! 
Also that night one of my favorite members from my first area invited me over for dinner because it was the special holiday! I went and it was so, so, so much fun to visit again and I love that man and that area!!! 

Thursday was the funnest day of my life! It was our special zone conference with 3 zones and it was a blast! Our first couple hours was training and lunch..... but then the games began. We played traditional Korean games and it was so so so fun!! I don't even know what they are called but its a mix of Yahtzee and sorry? It was so so fun and they encouraged us to be loud and cheer and get excited!  By the way my team won! 

But then, we had zone vs zone war! We did 4 games, hacky sack, except Korean style, arm wrestling. and then two bottle cap flicking games. And man you would have thought we were at the Olympics or World Cup or Superbowl. We were cheering and going crazy and storming the "court" and lifting "players" on our shoulders!!! It was so so so amazing and fun... unfortunately my team took second after loosing a rock paper scissors contest for our tie breaker.   
But we destroyed the first two games, which were the only really hard games... our sister in our zone Sister Patrick absolutely destroyed in arm wrestling it was so so dope!!! Everyone went crazy it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
After games we did a flash mob and sang the traditional folk song Arirang, and that was cool and then we had about two hours to go and wander around where we did the zone conference, which was near and inside the boarders of a crazy huge fortress build for an old King of Korea! It was beautiful!!! 

Friday was a super fun day as well! We had delicious ribs with some members for lunch and it was fun to talk and it was awesome!! But then we spent the whole day traveling to and from my TIP evaluation! And doing it of course! I passed and I am officially graduated from missionary stuff! No more assigned language studies and stuff like that! It was a good day! 

Saturday we had GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!! It was so amazing!! I loved it and of course my favorite talk was Elder Holland's. It helped me so much with the only question I brought to conference! Then we had a baptismal service and more conference!!! It was really really fun!! I loved it so much!!! 

Also we got transfer calls and my new companion is ELDER PERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if you guys remember but he served with me in my first area first transfer and we are like best friends!!! I love him! 

Sunday was an awesome day as well! Our branch president invited us over for breakfast, conference, lunch, then more conference!!! It was so so fun! Favorite talk was by Elder Craig Zwick! 

This week was amazing and truly fun. As we sat on top of the mountain realized something, I put my arm around a really close mission friend and said "I want to see my family and friends, but there really is NOTHING better than this."

I love my mission. Even the very hard trials that came in the first year, I hope there are harder trials to come! 

Have a great week and I'll see you all in a year! 



No comments:

Post a Comment