Thursday, September 21, 2017

Week 49



September 17, 2017


This week was really fun and we saw a lot of miracles. Probably one of the best weeks I have had on my mission. 

So Pday was pretty fun. We went to a bath house with bunch of missionaries I really like. One of them goes home in 3 weeks and I am really sad. And we had a great talk about how much we love Korea and don't want to leave, but want to see family and friends.

Tuesday we had a fun day! On that day we teach English people from the bases Korean! I love teaching so much so that always makes my day great! 

Wednesday we had zone conference! It was about concentration and unity! Plus we got to hear a lot of really good musical numbers! I got to see a lot of my friends and they are all leaving soon! I'm really really sad and I want to stay on a mission with them forever! 

Thursday we got to meet one of our investigators. I may have talked about him, but Brother Wright is married to a less active. They are both 20 years old and have a young child. He is really sincere and is such a good man and has a strong faith in Christ. We taught him the restoration already and on Thursday we felt we needed to teach him the Gospel of Jesus Christ focused heavily on the atonement and repentance. We extended him an invitation to be baptized and he said yes! He is so awesome and it is hard to describe the joy. 

Then Friday we met with a new investigator 원정호 Won Jung Ho. This was the first time meeting. So usually we just explain our purpose, expectations, and get to know him and his interest and beliefs. And he had a lot of questions. and some hard ones. He asked "Do you worship a statue of Mormon like the Catholics worship Mary?"  We said no, and that made him want to see what our church looked like. So we walked 20 minutes to the church. We showed him a tour and he liked it a lot! Then we sat down in a classroom and we taught him the restoration of the gospel through the prophet Joseph Smith. He was so accepting and interested and open. We talked about how he can know this church is true for himself. He doesn't have to trust us or anyone. If he goes to God he can know. He liked that. Then we showed him the baptismal font and asked him to be baptized. He also accepted!!!! Again the joy is indescribable. 

Then Saturday we played Ultimate Frisbee in the morning and it was so so so so fun! Every week a couple more people start saying, "Wow Elder Goon was really on today, or Elder Goon was on fire today." One day they will just realize its not just that day because I'm ALWAYS on fire! haha but I always say, throw me a football and then you'll be even more surprised. haha
Then that night we met a new investigator named Daniel. He is SO AMAZING. He is a preacher for another church but he came very open and not wanting to fight. He believed God needed him to read The Book of Mormon. He was awesome and he was so so awesome! One thing that he said that I really liked was he said God is the supreme being. We are human beings. You are Taz Goon. Your name is Taz. Your family name is Goon. Our name is human, we have a family name too, being.

Then Sunday was pretty tough. Only because we have church from 8-5.... its a long day but I love it! We had 2 people at church and they were just some random kids! The sisters are teaching their mother and the mother couldn't come so she sent her boys! it was a sweet miracle because our two investigators that accepted a baptismal date couldn't come to church. 

On Sunday we had a discussion about sacrifice. And the teacher kept asking me all sorts of questions. Well in case you guys haven't heard, Korean is hard. And its the hardest language for a English speaker to learn. And even though I have been out for a year I still can't understand, so she kept looking at me and I just looked like a deer in the headlights because there were 3 investigators, 3 members, and 4 missionaries. It was a bit embarrassing to look so dumb because I couldn't understand Korean. But she didn't give up asking me to answer questions. I think she asked me 6 questions. I didn't understand any of them. But she turned to me at the end of class and asked me to share my thoughts on Jesus Christ's sacrifice. WELL I understood that question, and my answer was as follows;

"Even if I could speak in English right now, I still wouldn't be able to explain what the sacrifice of Jesus Christ means to me. Because there are no words to describe it. We can't even begin to understand or comprehend the suffering of Jesus Christ and what he sacrificed for us. He loves us more than we can understand. He sacrificed more than anyone could ever give. And I am so thankful and happy. I know Jesus Christ loves us and died for us."

Have a great week! 
Elder Goon



No comments:

Post a Comment