Thursday, August 16, 2018

Week 86

June 3, 2018

Well, this week was long and busy. But we had some fun adventures! I’ll try my best to recap them in the limited time I have.
On Monday we had a big get together for a missionary going home in the next couple of weeks! We had fried pork cutlet together and then played screen baseball! There were 30 of us so we filled up 3 rooms! and it was fun. My room was full of the good players so we actually had a good game. It was neck and neck because I and one of the other Elders on the other team kept hitting homerun after homerun after homerun. But eventually my team came out on top!
Then Tuesday we went to the top of Namhansanseung. It is the same ancient wall we went to last year. It is a mission tradition to always have a zone conference at the top of the mountain. We had a really really good time! I got to see Elder Lam! He is from my MTC district and we haven't seen each other in a long time so it was good to catch up! We got trained on obedience and revelation and building a strong foundation. Our mission has themed the summer "the summer of revelation" I am really excited about this summer and to build a stronger relationship with God!
I went on exchanges with a member of our zone who had served in my area the precious year. So we were able to meet with some recent converts and old Investigators that used to know him! It was really fun and I and he are really close friends. He really helped relieve a lot of stress that I have been having over the past few days.
After that our week was pretty bland. We got to meet with a few people and had a few meetings and district activities, but other than that if was slow.
Something a little interesting I had pig’s feet for the first time in my mission. It wasn't very good... But hey I tried it!
Yesterday in church we learned a lot about trials. Our 2nd councilor in the bishopric taught us a great lesson. He talked about three things we should do when we get trails.
1 endure
2 overcome
3 progress.
He then talked about how we can do that. He talked about faith. Effort. Hope. Help from others. It was a fantastic lesson. I have had some trials in my life, and I am sure you have too. I do know that they help us. I am going through a trail right now that I really don't want to go through and I really want God to take it away... But he won't. And I will be grateful for that one day. I promise you that with faith in God, we can overcome everything in our path and grow into better people because of it, no matter how painful that growth is.
Elder Goon

No comments:

Post a Comment