Thursday, August 16, 2018

Week 84

May 25, 2018

What a long week! I’m so tired!
We had two big activities this week which were very fun but very tiring. On Sunday we had a ward sports activities! It was for investigators, but no investigators came, but it was still a great time! We had ramen and played basketball, ultimate Frisbee, football, ping pong, and card games. I escaped with only a scrapped knee and bruised hip. Playing sports on asphalt is fun!
Then yesterday, in order to reward us for our hard work in the month of April our mission president paid for us all to go to the Zoo! It was awesome to be with everyone and to see some cool animals. And everyone should be proud… I walked through the snake exhibit. Only minimal tears and fingernail prints in my hands.
We were able to meet some investigators and people we haven’t met in a long time. We really are teaching great people, who, to quote one of them, are "spiritually hungry." I have been out here for over a year and a half, and haven’t seen success in the eyes of the world. I still have no baptisms or anyone who has even got close, BUT I have seen the light that the gospel brings. And I have brought a portion of that to people. And I am happy. I am happy with my efforts and commitment to try my best. For you all, just remember that the world’s definition of success, may not always be Gods definition.
We also got to go to a conference this week. We learned a lot about the spirit. We also learned a lot about revelation and inspiration. We have themed the month of June inspiration and revelation.
Last week when Elder Renlund came, he delivered two messages. He said #1, thank you for serving. #2 that you have been called of God and have the privilege and obligation to get that revelation if you don’t have it, and when you get it, write it down, it changes things. I have always believed I was called of God to serve here and now, but I have never sought for the confirmation and sure knowledge that i have been called. So I have been seeking that. And I will let you know when I get the confirmation.
Well we have another extremely busy week ahead of us, hope you all have a good week and talk to you later!
Elder Goon



No comments:

Post a Comment