Thursday, August 16, 2018

Week 79 Whats cookin good lookin!

April 15, 2018

This week our lives were changed. Elder Morazan (my awesome companion) bought a cook book. And we have been going crazy! Our food has jumped to the next level and we have been having some fun working hard in the kitchen! I think I am going to buy one soon!
This week was crazy busy! We had a proselyting activity every day except for Wednesday and Friday! Our mission had a goal to get 5000 meaning full contacts this week so we really worked hard to get that goal! Sadly our mission fell just a couple 100 short but we really worked hard and it was awesome to see the miracles that came through faith and hard work!
When I came to this area the investigator number was very low and shortly after my arrival that dropped to about 0. So this week we couldn’t meet anyone. We had a few canceled appointments but other than that we are starting over from ground zero. Which is fun and something every Korean missionary is familiar with!
I am really loving my companion and area. This transfer is short. Only 5 weeks and I am a little mad that I only get to spend 5 with Elder Morazan. We get along amazing.
This week I had an interview with my President and he said something that I want to talk briefly about.
He asked me "Do you like Elder Morazan? Do you get along?"
I said "I love him!"
He asked "do you think we are working hard?"
I said "YES!"
Then our President did something I didn't appreciate all that much. He said a little surprised "really? Well let’s take a look at the stats."  
He proceeded to compare me and Elder Morazan's stats to the previous transfer. He expressed his disappointment in me. And encouraged me to work harder. Well this made me mad. Really mad. And I am still a little mad. But that motivated me to prove President wrong. And I did.
But after the week is over and our stats improved, I started to remember my high school days. I hated HATED hated stats in Volleyball. Or I guess in general I just hate stats!
I was not statistically the best player on my volleyball team. I was actually one of the lower players. Because the more shots you take or balls you set or serves you make, the lower your stats go. If I have a 100% stat for hitting, but have only hit one ball in my life, does that make me better than someone who has say a 60% hitting average, but has scored 2000 points and missed 600 times?
I realized that God doesn’t measure our stats. He cares about our desires and our efforts. Everyone is in different situations and has different trails and struggles. I think we should all avoid the mistake of comparing, especially when it comes to stats.
God knows you and understands you. Work your hardest. Do your best and Christ will help you along the way and make up the rest. And try not to compare yourself along the way. It doesn’t do any good.
I love you all and hope you have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment