Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Week 78 Conference week!

April 8, 2018

This week was full of conferences! We had our zone conference and general conference this week end and man it was awesome!!!! So so uplifting and spiritual!
The beginning of the week we had to prepare for zone conference! Our mission has this awesome goal for April. We are calling it the week of consecration. And the first week was themed "preparation" prepare for this month and prepare to give all you got and prepare for zone and general conference! so the front half of the week we did a lot of preparing for zone conference. And then when the conferences came it was so spiritual!
I learned so much of course but the thing that stood out to me most this time around was the feeling in my heart. I just loved it! It was so warm and peaceful and I never wanted the week end to end! The prophet and apostles word are so so powerful and this conference I really felt the power! And of course learned a ton! 
We were very busy because of our conferences and preparing for them, but this week was a blast! We saw some miracles specifically after zone conference. We had been trained on faith to find, finding, and teaching with power and authority, so we made a big goal to get 45 meaningful contacts on a 40 minutes subway ride to dinner as a zone! The way the church measures meaningful contacts is if we teach, testify, or get to know them personally, then invite them to church, meet missionaries, or another church activity. Or in other words a meaningful conversation. These sound easy to get, but they are quite hard and our zone has been really struggling. But we set a goal with faith and put in the effort and were able to get 47 meaningful contacts! It was awesome to see our zone unified and working hard!
Also this week I got to see one of my favorite members. She is going to BYU Idaho in a few days and came to my ward. She had grew up in this ward and wanted to say goodbye! So it was so awesome to see here!
I realized how real the gift of charity is from yesterday. Before my mission, I hated everyone. I have said this before in emails, but if you weren’t my 5 best friends or in my Sunday school class, I didn’t like you. I was not very loving before my mission, at least I don’t think. But as I have served and sought the gift of charity I realize how big my heart has grown and how much I love these people. Seeing this member was like seeing my family or best friends at home. I have truly come to love these people here!
I testify of charity. And I testify how hard it is to get charity. It is not something we can passively attain. We need to seek it, pray for it, and labor for it. Sometimes it comes fast, sometimes it takes years. But I promise this gift does come and it makes life so much more worth living!
I truly LOVE you all and hope you have a good week!
Elder Goon




No comments:

Post a Comment