Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Week 58



November 19, 2017



Well you guys should all be very excited! i am going to the place in Korea that every one knows in the whole world! Gangnam!! Haha yes indeed the super famous song Gangnam style by Psy. This should be interesting! 

Well this week was great lots of ups and downs but that's life. I say a great quote at a members house last night that said "life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, but learning to dance in the rain." i believe that and want to get better at dancing in the rain! 

So Monday was the best best Pday ever!!!! We played card games all day as a district! I taught them hand and foot and village idiot and speed and it was a blast! super fun! and then for family home evening we had volleyball night! The people invited this time were a lot better! like a ton!! So it was way fun, and we destroyed our competitors! It was a super super awesome fun day and it felt just like my life at home! Sports and card games with people I love! 

Tuesday was an adventure. We had two of the most spiritual lessons I have ever had! One was with a fairly new person. We had met him once before and he showed very little interest or potential. We had given him a Book of Mormon and decided to give him a second chance. When we met he talked about how he had read an entire Mormon wiki online and started the Book of Mormon and was really interested! He even asked if he could bring his friends next time we met! It was awesome and we taught him a short version of the restoration! 

Wednesday we had an EARTHQUAKE!!!!! My first one ever happened as a missionary in Korea, who would have thunk? Well I would have died had it been serious. we were in the middle of district meeting and the phone alarm rang and the earth started to shake and everyone in our district (including the 70 year old senior couple) hit the floor and got under the table super quick. Meanwhile I just sat there and had no clue what was going on because I had never felt something like this. Well it was only a 5.5 so nothing to worry about Mom, I'm fine. 

Thursday was a fun day! We had a service activity on the base and we served a free thanksgiving meal! It was fun and we got to meet a lot of cool people! I was the photographer so I just walked around taking pictures! We served with some return veterans from the Vietnam war. They were amazing. They held themselves up and they were so proud and they had been through very hard times and they were awesome men. Serving in a military branch has brought me a much much greater appreciation for our servicemen.
We also had a great meal with a amazingly sweet lady and it was a lot of fun! 

Friday and Saturday were very tough... but after all the pain came one of the best nights of my mission! 
So just to sum up the days we had 8 out of our 9 appointments cancel, and they canceled when we got there, so it was not fun. But on Saturday we had a Thanksgiving meal with some awesome members! They had lived in America for 26 years and they wanted to make us feel like we were back at home! They were amazing members and like translated for conference and they met the prophets and they raised two awesome daughters! They even lived in Vegas! It was a fun fun night! 

Sunday was my last day and it was bitter sweet. I am always sad to leave, but its getting easier, plus I didn't have the opportunity to stay as long as I liked. Hopefully I'll go to my next area and be there to stay! 

So I wanted to end with the other lesson we had on Tuesday. It was with Won Jung Ho our super awesome investigator scheduled to be baptized. He asked the question "have we ever given something up for the church?" Of course! our lives for 2 years. We started talking about the things we gave up to be here and the things we are missing out just for him. There was a lot of tears and the spirit was so strong. It really helped him and he has come a long way. He texted us the night before church that he had been reading Moroni 10, watching the video about Thomas S. Monson and the bible videos. He then said see you at church. He is progressing so well and really changing and his heart is becoming soft and open. 

I spent the first year of my mission outside every day for 10 hours with no one to teach. This transfer I got to spend almost every day inside teaching. It was amazing and this man that I have been teaching for the past 12 years had opened my eyes and brought to my eyes the light and the change the gospel can bring in someone! 

Elder Goon 



No comments:

Post a Comment