Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Week 106 Last Day

October 21, 2018


Well everyone, I'm gone. It's gone, the best experience any one could ever ask for. All that in a blink of the eye.... just kidding two years was a long time, it definitely didn't go by in the blink of an eye!

But I will quickly recap the week and share one last testimony!

Monday was our zone pday and we had a meal with one of my favorite families! We had a district v district v district. The games were charades, musical chairs, eating competition, and dodge ball. With 6 years of stake dodge ball and 2 years of participating in High School dodge ball tournaments you could basically call me a dodge ball player right? haha well I couldn't contribute much to the other events, but our district completely destroyed in dodge ball. We annihilated, and my team just handed me the ball every time... it was fun

Tuesday we was kinda the last day of missionary work for me I guess. We had an appointment in the morning with the zone leaders for Elder Kim's language evaluation, then an investigator appointment then service then we had sticker boarding!

Wednesday was my final interview and English class. It was strange to talk with my Mission President for the last time, but it was a sweet experience as we discussed all that was learnt and how we grew these two years.

Thursday we had district meeting in Icheon, which is far so we traveled for 4 hours, district meeting for 2 and then lunch dinner and studies.

Friday we had another language test with the assistants. I had a test. About 8 weeks ago our mission got a new language program for older missionaries. I decided I wasn't going to do it, but I was awaken in the middle of the night 4 weeks ago, and felt strongly I needed to do the program. So I got to work, I wrote 3 talks, 7 lesson plans, 5 proselyting approaches, translated 30 journal entries, read every pamphlet in Korean, and memorized 3,700 vocabulary words. It was tough and definitely not deigned to be done in one transfer, but I did it. But sadly I didn't pass, which is OK, I know by doing this it kept me working hard till the end! You needed a 80% on the vocabulary and I got a 74%... but I'm glad I put in the work

Saturday I had two member appointments and english class. It was probably one of the best days of my mission, a member took us to an ancient kings tomb, then to a delicious restaurant, then home for cake, I showed them some magic tricks and they freaked out and called me Harry Potter and yeah it was a good night,  

Sunday was a day for packing....

And now today I am off to the mission home and tomorrow I will see my parents.
Thank you all for following me throughout my mission, for your prayers and support.

My role as a missionary is to stand as a witness and preach the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. So for the last time I will do that,
When Joseph Smith Prayed to God to know what church to join, God and Jesus Christ appeared to him. They called him as their latter day prophet and through him revealed the Book of Mormon, restored Gods power on the earth, and organized their church.
I know this to be true. It is not a matter of belief or faith anymore, it is sure, true knowledge.
I know that because of this, we are incredibly blessed today and if we accept this restored gospel, will be blessed for eternity.

I have read the Book of Mormon, I have pleaded with God to know if it is true. I testify it is.
I know God loves us. I know Jesus Christ died for us.
I am so grateful I got to teach this message for the past two years.

Everyone have a good 2 weeks and I will be back in Vegas soon!
Elder Goon


No comments:

Post a Comment