Friday, October 19, 2018

Week 105 Goodbye

October 14, 2018

Well at this point my time here is done. We have an insanely busy week and I’m not even sure we will have time to do our studies. When I came to 분당 I promised myself and the Lord that I would work my head off. That equaled me and Elder Kim spending almost all of our free time out on the streets proselyting.

Well our mission averages 8 new people to teach per week. In the past 5 weeks me and Elder Kim have found 10. Which has created a very big teaching pool equaling lots of appointments and therefore no time. Plus many members are saying goodbye and feeding us, which takes up time.

This week was amazing one of my favorite members bought me some new shoes and took me out to lunch! She took me to one of the most expensive restaurants in Korea! And I was grateful.

Other than that the majority of our week was spent meeting investigators and finding. We had one cool miracle!

We had got a text from a random person at 9:40 in the morning asking when church starts, we said 10 but I told him he can come at 11! Well he came and he had met missionaries nearly 3 years ago! And he said that he wants to meet again! He said he has mostly English interest but I mean he came to church in order to introduce himself so he must have some potential!

Now for something fun! On Friday we had a big zone activity. We had to skip the dinner because of another meal appointment but got there for the activity. Afterwards the whole zone wanted to see if I could break the record for the punch machine. So I put in my dollar and we all took turns I went first and last. The first time I was 1 away from the high score. Everyone was impressed and it was way fun to see a bunch of missionaries getting so excited over a punching bag!

Now for something I learned at conference! I heard a common theme on Sunday and I had met most of the apostles and seventies that spoke on my mission. So I listened a little more intently and their words had a little more meaning.
I particularly enjoyed Elder Gary's talk. He talked about how he judged his sister and only looked at her inactivity in the church and trials. When he blessed her before she died God allowed him to see his sister through His eyes. Elder Gay saw her goodness. Her divine potential. And learned that we can't judge others because we don't know what God has in plan for them.

I think this goes for ourselves. Sometimes we are too hard on ourselves only seeing the bad, only noticing our imperfections and weaknesses. That's not what God sees. We all have a potential to become like him. He loves us infinitely and knows and loves us better than we know and love ourselves!

I hope you all have a good week!
Elder Goon




No comments:

Post a Comment