Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Week 66 Mental Breakdowns and Headlocks

January 14, 2018

I'm sorry I've been so boring, I think I'll start giving the week a title! 
Well the reason for the title is because me and my comp both had some breakdowns this week! haha just kidding! but I was super stressed on Saturday and we had so much to do and I was freaking out and not really handling it well. haha I was like screaming and laughing and talking to myself, mostly for a joke, but I was freaking out a bit. Then last night I wanted to teach my companion how to get out of a headlock. Well apparently he has a phobia of things around his neck. So he had sort of a mental break down too! haha except his was real, and now he knows how to escape a headlock! 

So Monday we played volleyball! super fun and there was some good games and laughs, hits and digs! In the end of February we are getting the team captain from the BYU Hawaii women's volleyball team so I am super super pumped! haha it should be fun! Then that night we went with our friend to an English class and met some really cool! They were so interested in us and our service and had so many questions! It was an awesome missionary experience and the most joy I found was when the member we went with proudly said "I am a Mormon and these are missionaries from my church!" He also the whole night talked about why he believes and shared his testimony! That is amazing! That is hard to do in America, let alone in Korea when everyone thinks we are the biggest cult and people hate Mormons! it was a great example of being  fearless and as President Monson said "dare to be a Mormon!"

Tuesday was SO SO COLD!!!!!!! like 7 degrees and crazy wind so it felt like -12. I was not happy. So we took lots of "warm up breaks" and went into the Adidas, Nike, and Under Armour outlets. THEY WERE SO DOPE! haha then we met an investigator for lunch and he has been meeting with missionaries since last April! I was the first one to find him and it was in my first area. Well I just asked why he hasn't joined our church and he said he never had time with work and school but he is not working anymore and would like to join our church starting in March! It was awesome to hear! 
That night an investigator came to our basketball night and it was super fun and we created a really close relationship with him! 

Wednesday we had some training on family history work and how to use it in missionary work along with a meeting with an investigator. He has been meeting the missionaries for 17 years, and he has not read a page of The Book of Mormon. So we met with him last week and said "you have to read and if not we won't meet you anymore." so Wednesday we met and read The Book of Mormon for 90 minutes. He had so many questions and started to be more open and there was an immediate change in him. We read the introduction and that alone made him more open, accepting and interested! It was a great testimony builder, but more about that experience later! 

Thursday we had a day of planning. We did weekly planning and rearranged our house. Previously we had shared a study room so it was tough to focus and we weren't very productive. So we moved out and changed the house around! Then that night we met a guy for the first time. When we first met I said we are missionaries and he immediately gave me his business card. Then when we met he said seeing us reminded us of a Mormon friend he had that moved 40 years ago and he hasn't been in contact with since. WOW! do you guys know how big of an impact we can have on people!? 40 years later he still remembers his Mormon friend. 

Friday we also planned for the ward some activities and some member visits. We also had some time to go outside and proselyte. 

Saturday we had the really busy day and so many members were asking us to do so many different things and we had so many meeting and so little time! super busy, but in the afternoon we got to go to a meat buffet and we picked up a new investigator so overall great day! 

Then Sunday we just had church and studies and a meal with a councilor in the Stake Presidency. The Sisters German investigator came and she is awesome!!!!!!!! 
But the highlight was when I got to talk to a member from my first area. He goes to the young single adult ward which is in our area and we just caught up and I really miss Bundang!!!! 

Well that was my week! I promised more about the Wednesday meeting so here it is!
Our investigator was trying to criticize and deny The Book of Mormon all night. And one thing he said really made me "mad", not mad but ya know like how Jesus was when he kicked everyone our of the temple. He said "Joseph Smith must have been pretty good at Ancient Native American." And I snapped right back and said "NO" he could barely even speak English. And I boldly testified of The Book of Mormon and its divine origin. I know it is True. I know that Joseph Smith say God and Jesus Christ and translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God. I know. I will never deny it, and anyone who denies is or walks away from it, would be foolish to do so. For almost 200 years people have attacked the Book of Mormon and no one could prove it wrong. Because the way Joseph Translated the book, has been known all along. I know he did. And because of that, I know God lives. He loves us. And knows us by name. I know that Jesus Christ is his son. I know that he died for us. And that he lives for us. I know Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and restored the true church to the earth again. I know these things are true, and I promise they are true in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment