Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Week 65

January 7, 2018

Wow what a week!! it was jam packed with work to do and we saw some great things and had some super awesome experiences! 

First Monday we went and played screen baseball which was a blast! ​​​I led everyone with 3 homers and a 9.3 batting average! haha I basically only got out once! That night we taught Tom and he is progressing well! We taught him the restoration and he told us, "if this message is true, it will change my life and have a huge impact on me! Then he prayed and said God, I really really really really want to know if this is true!" It was an amazing lesson!

Tuesday I got my new companion! His name is Elder Tippetts and he is from Utah and likes lacrosse. He will play for BYU after his mission and is a really fun great happy goofy guy! We did some studies and had an appointment with an investigator then we had basketball that night and it was really fun! There is a really really really really good guy! He is almost professional and he just destroyed everyone and he is awesome! He is a really dope guy and is super good at basketball! 

Wednesday we did some planning and I am super excited!  We have some really high goals and expectations for the transfer! 

Thursday we had district meeting and Korean class and then gospel English class. A really cool experience was in gospel English class we taught about the atonement of Jesus Christ something that is really really important to me. There was a non member that was making fun of it! He was laughing and mocking the atonement of Jesus Christ. The most important thing that has ever happened. The single greatest event in all eternity. The thing that matters most to me. He was mocking and attacking and laughing at it. I felt very angry. a lot of righteous anger. and I let it out on him. I felt like Jesus in the temple or Joseph Smith in liberty jail, as I boldly called this man to repentance and told him to take it seriously and stop talking. The power that filled the room was unspeakable. And the man was quiet and didn't say a word for the rest of the night. Elder Tippetts later told me that the room was almost shaking and that my words were so powerful. 
I realized that missionaries do have power, and when we stand up for what is right, God is with us. 

Friday me and Elder Tippetts rode the train for 5 hours. Talking to people. We both aren't very comfortable with train contacting so we just did it all day and we met some really really cool people and are now more comfortable and confident! 
But one of my favorite members, really the only one of 3 that I love in this ward reached out and asked me for a blessing. He chose me out of all the missionaries (8) and members (200+). I was honored. We got there and visited and the house had a sweet spirit and I just love this family. Then time for the blessing. It was the 3rd time I have done a sealing.... and the first time in Korean. And I was terrified. But the spirit was STRONG and I knew what I needed to say and it was a powerful amazing experience! 

Saturday we played ping pong all day! haha with investigators and English class members! We had dinner with a member and she had some problems with reading the Book of Mormon and going to church. I was pretty mad because everyone but me kept telling her its ok that she doesn't read the Book of Mormon and if is ok if she stops coming to church. (she is a recent convert). I was mad and really wanted to be bold. but no one else would. She was making lame excuses and it really made me mad! but then, thankfully the spirit whispered to me, but look at yourself. Most mornings I fall asleep during personal study. I don't read the Book of Mormon every single day.... look at yourself first. So I made a resolve to be better and to never make excuses and to never judge others! 
Also that morning we met Luis!!!! It was so so so dope! We talked to him and he was awesome! and then we left and got some lunch and he came in and said I wanna eat lunch with you! Then we grabbed another appointment on Tuesday! he was so so so dope!!! 

Sunday we had church and some studies! then at night we went sticker boarding and it was awesome! We talked to a ton of people and it was a blast! haha I really loved it and Elder Tippetts has brought a great light and optimism to our area!!! I love him

Today we play volleyball! Wish me luck! love ya
Elder Goon



No comments:

Post a Comment