Thursday, September 21, 2017

Week 47



September 3, 2017


Well new area, new faces, new people, new goals, new new new.

I like change. The great thing about life is we get 6 weeks to work, evaluate, set new goal, leave bad habits behind, and move on. Every 6 weeks we get a do-over. Our new comps roommates and areas don't know who we were. We get 16 new starts for 2 years. 
Real life... well not so lucky.... when I go home... I will be remembered as that really immature kid that liked to joke around and tease. Well good because that's still me! ;) 

But really it is a gift and I was thinking about some quote I heard from a Mormon message. Today is the start of a new year.  As Elder Holland said "Tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you!"
Every day is a new day, I encourage you all to be better than you were yesterday, and eventually... well hopefully we will all be pretty good people. 


Anyways now my week. 
Pday: Monday we had a lunch and went to the church to play games with my MTC district and our teacher! It was a fun reunion! 
That night I had a meal with the first member I had visited in Incheon! She was really really nice and she shared a really cool story about her son that I think applies to all of us! 

She talked about how her son was less active and came out of it about 6 months before his mission. He left very quickly and went to California Korean speaking. It is very hard there because you can only teach Koreans. If you meet an American you have to refer him to American missionaries. If you meet a Hispanic you have to refer him to the Hispanic elders and so on so forth. 

Well he didn't know much about the Gospel. He was really unprepared. But he went with faith and he worked hard. And the last week of his mission he met with 28 people in one week. I don't think those lucky South American missionaries get that much! 

She bore strong testimony that God makes up the rest. We are not perfect and if we just give the Lord our best, he will prepare us and make us what we can never make of ourselves! 

TUESDAY!!!! 
I had a goodbye lunch with a sister that is really really cool! Then me and Elder Lydon got to have an experience of a lifetime! 

When new missionaries arrive, someone needs to pick them up at the airport and ride the subway back to the Mission Office. For the 2 and a half hour subway ride we are supposed to proselyte really hard and show them the ropes and hit the ground running!!! Me and Elder Lydon got to do that! It was very special because my MTC comp went home in the MTC and came back this transfer!!!!!! So I got to pick him up and proselyte with him!!! 

Wednesday.
Headed to my new area, got my now comp Elder Maio, and got to work! 

Thursday:
We had district meeting and our new district is really really cool!!!! Then that night me and Elder Maio had the chance to meet with the Wright family! We taught them the restoration in English and it was so awesome!! I really think this family has a lot of potential and teaching in English is so easy!!! hahaha 

Friday:
We got to meet two really cool people today. We played pool with one and talked to him a lot. He is a Buddhist because of his mother, but doesn't have a  for sure belief for himself so we talked a lot about Christ and God and their influence on our lives! 

Then we met with another family. The husband home-stayed with a Mormon family in America for 8 years!!! He told us he was already half Mormon and that we need to teach his wife so they can be baptized together!!!! They are super cool and the man attended Mormon church for 8 years so he knows a lot!!! 

Saturday:
We had a sport activity with the youth of our ward! They are really cool and I think I already connected pretty well with all of them!!! It was really fun! 

Then Sunday
We had Stake Conference so we got to go be with 50 missionaries and 100's of members and listen to Elder Yamashita of the 70 speak! It was great!!!! 
BUT I GOT TO SEE MY FIRST AREA MEMBERS AGAIN!!!! They all remembered me and I was so excited to see them!!! Man I almost cried so so so so so much!!! Man it was like going back home! I realized probably the happiest best 6 months of my WHOLE life was spent in Bundang with these members. I truly love them so much and think about them everyday!!! 

Well my week was great, I hope all yours are too! 
Elder Goon






No comments:

Post a Comment